Tuesday, May 27 2008 at 7:58 PM by Jay
The trip is complete. Here is a summary of some interesting statistics we came up with along the way. Some of the numbers are rough estimates, but almost all of them are computed from true data.
- We were gone for 38 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes, 32 seconds (about 915 hours).
- We stayed in 11 hotels, 7 houses, 4 campsites, and 3 parking lots.
- We averaged $82.10 a night in a hotel.
- We took 3,591 pictures, totaling 17.7 Gigabytes.
- We took approximately 94 pictures per day (at almost 4 pictures per hour!).
- We shot approximately 14.5 hours of video footage.
- We traveled 11,070 miles from Cranston, RI.
- We averaged 49 miles per hour.
- We averaged about 290 miles per day.
- We used 407 gallons of gas.
- We averaged about 27.2 miles per gallon.
- We spent $1,492.75 on gas (averaging $3.66 per gallon).
- We traveled through 32 different states and 2 countries.
- We received only 2 moving violations.
- Travel Yahtzee's high score is 532 (It's hopeless, I'll never beat it).